Employment Based Immigration

Download PDF

Employment Based Immigration

Los Angeles Area Employment Immigration Lawyers

If you have been offered a job in the United States, you now have employment immigration concerns to consider. At the Los Angeles area law offices of Nelson & Associates, we help people from around the world obtain proper immigration status to work in the United States. Whether you are here for just a few months of training or you want to permanently relocate to the United States based on a job offer, we can help you through the process and find solutions that work.

Immigration Solutions As Unique as You
Contact Nelson & Associates

The first step in obtaining a United States work visa is getting a job offer. Even if you are qualified to work in the United States, you will not be eligible for a work visa if you do not have a job offer. Once you have received a job offer, we will help you answer other important questions such as: Is your employer qualified? Are you a qualified applicant?

In order to determine if you and your employer are qualified, there are a number of documents and questionnaires you must fill out and documents we will need to review. Sometimes, to determine whether an even deeper analysis is warranted. While there are many immigration applications you can fill in on your own, employment-based applications are often complex. Our employment immigration attorneys will make sure you fill out all forms properly, so that you can start working in the U.S. as soon as possible.

Employment-Based Nonimmigrant Visas

Obtaining a nonimmigrant visa or status can permit an alien to stay in the U.S. anywhere from a few months to several years before taking the next step in the immigration process. There are a wide range of nonimmigrant status options, including:

  • E visas: including E-1 treaty trader visas and E-2 treaty investor visas for foreign professionals who undertake a significant amount of trade with or investment in the United States.
  • H visas: including H-1B visas for workers in specialty occupations, H-1C visas for foreign nurses, H-2A and H-2B visas for temporary agricultural workers and other temporary seasonal workers, H-3 visas for foreign trainees involved in training or education of handicapped children.
  • L visas: including L visas for intracompany transferees who will be employed in the U.S. as a manager, executive, or position with specialized knowledge.
  • O visas: including O-1 visas for individuals with extraordinary ability or achievement and O-2 visas for his or her business assistants (such as persons accompanying an artist at a specific performance)
  • P visas: including P-1, P-2, or P-3 visas for athletes who are internationally recognized, who are performing under a reciprocal exchange program, or who are performing in a culturally unique program.
  • R visas: including R-1 visas for temporary religious workers

We will help you understand your options and find the employment visa that best fits your immediate and long-term immigration goals.

Employment-Based Immigrant Visas

Employment-based immigrant visas (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, EB-4, and EB-5 immigrant visas) may be available for foreign business professionals who have extraordinary abilities, advanced degrees, or other exemplary qualifications. Employment-based immigrant visas are also reserved for skilled workers, special immigrants (such as religious workers), investors, and other professionals.

If you have received a job offer in the United States, you could obtain a green card in less than a year. In many cases, our clients can skip the time and expense of obtaining a nonimmigrant employment-based visa altogether, and go straight for a green card. With a nearly 100 percent approval rate handling these types of applications, we know how to get results.

Know more about Business and Investment Visas